I. FROM THE BRIDE AND GROOM:
An “Engaged Encounter Certificate” is required. Weekends for engaged couples are held by our diocese in the Fall and Spring. Please call the church office for more information: 304- 845-1593.
- A recent Baptismal Certificate (within the last six months). You can obtain a copy of your baptismal certificate by contacting the parish in which you were baptized.
- First Communion and Confirmation Certificates.
If baptized, we need a copy of the Baptismal Certificate.
Couples must make their own arrangements with a florist. No isle runners, birdseed or rice. You may use balloons or bubbles only. Do not put anything on the pews – consult the church office if you want to decorate the pews.
The offering to the Church is $250.00 dollars (due when you reserve the church.) Check should be made payable to St. Francis Xavier Church. The $250 covers the use of the church, clean up and paperwork, including Pre-Cana consultations.
The suggested stipend for the priest is $50.00.
Couples must make arrangements for the organist. Kathryn Wallington, our Choir Director may be able to refer you to one of our organists: 304-845-6801. Organists set their own fees which you are responsible for paying.
Please let us know in advance if you need servers. The usual offering for Altar Servers is $10 per server. Give this to Father the night of rehearsal.
- Arrange for a date and time with the priest who is witnessing your marriage.
- Bring your civil license and give this to Father the night of rehearsal.
- All who are to take part in the wedding should be present at the rehearsal. Please be on time, as the priest may have other appointments.
- The Sacrament of Penance should be received the week before the wedding.
III. THE WEDDING DAY:
- It is essential for all weddings to begin on time. If you are late, you may have an abbreviated ceremony.
- We have some restrictions regarding taking pictures during the ceremony. Please have your photographer consult the priest before the wedding.
- PEASE NOTE: Confessions on Saturday begin at 4:30 PM – All pictures taking should be completed by 4:00 PM
IV. AFTER THE WEDDING:
You are beginning a new family. Please be sure to register in the parish where you are going to reside.
*Please note: a Wedding cannot be scheduled after 2:30 p.m. on Saturday
it can be earlier but no later than 2:30 p.m.